MOTOROLA CLIQ XT:
Building on the popularity of Motorola's original CLIQ Android-powered smartphone, the CLIQ XT eschews its predecessor's slide-out QWERTY keyboard or a fully touch-enabled interface, including a Swype-powered onscreen keyboard. But it still features Motorola's socially minded MOTOBLUR overlay to the Android OS, which manages and integrates e-mail and social networking activity including Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace.
Enabled for T-Mobile's high-speed 3G network, the CLIQ XT offers fast data delivery and an enhanced Web-browsing experience that lets you connect quickly to social networking sites. You'll enjoy a complete Web experience from the 3.1-inch touch-enabled display, which offers pinch and zoom capabilities (in photo gallery and Web browser). Navigation is enhanced with a front-facing, centrally-located touch pad, so it's easier and more intuitive to flick through the Web. Adobe Flash Lite enables rich media content such as banners and videos.
With integrated Google technology, the Motorola CLIQ XT brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by voice, Google Maps with Street View, Gtalk, YouTube, Picasa, and contacts/calendar synchronization. CLIQ XT also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail.
The CLIQ XT offers GPS location services for turn-by-turn directions using Google Maps and Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and business networks as well as hotspots while on the go. Other features include a 5-megapixel camera (with flash) for still photos and video capture, Bluetooth for both hands-free communication and stereo music streaming, a digital audio player and up to 7 hours of talk time.
- Powered by the Android operating system with deep integration of Google services and access to thousands of apps to customize your phone via the Android Market.
- Innovative widget-based MOTOBLUR overlay to Android automatically delivers Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Gmail, and corporate and personal e-mail updates to the home screen in easy-to-view streams so there is no need to open and close different mobile applications.
- Update Facebook, MySpace and Twitter at once instead of opening individual apps with MOTOBLUR as well as upload your photos to Facebook, MySpace, Picasa and Photobucket.
- MOTOBLUR continuously displays your friends' latest profile pics as part of your texts, calls, e-mails and address book.
- View your friends your way: MOTOBLUR lets you view friends from A to Z, by contact history or in groups you make yourself.
- Customize your home screen with your favorite widgets and short cuts.
- Your information is continuously updated and backed up into a secure environment, so you're connected and protected even if you lose your phone.
- Fast 3G connectivity via T-Mobile's HSDPA/UMTS network. (1700/2100 MHz bands, UMTS/HSDPA; see more about T-Mobile's 3G service)
- Quad-band GSM phone for good global voice connectivity. (850/900/1800/1900 MHz bands)
- Built-in GPS with turn-by-turn directions provided by Google Maps and the pre-installed TeleNav GPS Navigator (subscription required after trial ends). With Google Maps, you can instantly view maps and satellite imagery, as well as find local business. And Google Maps Street View enables you to explore cities at street-level virtually while on the go.
- 3.1-inch touchscreen display (320 x 480 pixels, 262K color depth)
- Virtual onscreen QWERTY keyboard with improved input features including addition of magnifying glass to help with cursor location, ability to return to a typed word and receive spelling suggestions, and more.
- Swype input system allows you to input text faster and easier by gliding your finger around the keyboard, moving from letter to letter in one continuous motion. The Swype technology then calculates what word you're intending to type.
- 5-megapixel autofocus camera with flash for sharing images online and creating high-quality prints. Features include digital zoom, multiple white balance settings and color effects, three quality choices, and editing options for both still photos and video.
- Video capture capabilities with up to 24 fps capture rate.
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.0) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB (2 GB card included).
- Multi-format digital audio player with dedicated Amazon MP3 Store app for over-the-air downloads.
- FM radio
- YouTube app for streaming video over 3G and Wi-Fi connections.
- Real HTML Web browsing provides more pages and better Web content delivered efficiently to your phone.
- Visual Voicemail allows you to listen to your voice-mail messages in any order, respond in one click and easily manage your inbox without ever dialing in to the network.
- Voice-activated dialing lets you call someone with simple voice commands when your hands are busy.
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off.
The Motorola CLIQ XT weighs 4.2 ounces and measures 4.6 x 2.4 x 0.49 inches. Its 1400 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 7 hours of talk time, and up to 432 hours (18 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, as well as T-Mobile's 3G network (1700/2100 MHz).